PDA

View Full Version : UPLOADING DILEMNA-HELP!!

robert
09-24-2006, 07:50 PM
I have designed a website using Dreamweaver MX 2004 yet I can not upload it. This is my first website design using Dreamweaver. The website was easier to design than attempting to upload it. The tutorials and instructions are useless. You must have to have a computer science degree to understand what they are speaking about.

Is there anyone I can hire to upload my websitefor a reasonable cost?

Creative Insanity
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't use DW to upload your site.. get a FTP client and use that. SmartFTP is a free one and pretty good. Then just upload your site to the public_html or www directory of your hosting account.

robert
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Why is Dreamweaver MX 2004 so damn difficult to upload files with? The instruction manual gives you the impression its as easy as sliced bread.

domedia
09-24-2006, 08:25 PM
robert, what exactly do you have a problem with? Did you talk to your host about how you can upload your files?
DW's ftp setup is pretty much similar to any other FTP client (altough, like CI said you might want to consider using another one). Are you familiar with FTP at all?

robert
09-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Where can I go to learn FTP ? I thought I understood it but obviously I do not. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. As I said before I will pay someone to upload my site with the correct file structure. Perhaps it is my Local Site setup.

I am using GoDaddy as my host provider they are unable to help. One representative told me she does not know how to upload herself and that she hired someone to upload her site.

chriskq
09-25-2006, 12:01 AM
No need to learn. Once u upload ur first site you'll wonder why u ever thought it was so hard.

First: get ftp details from your host.
you will need:
1. Host address
2. username
3. password

Now download filezilla for free from
http://www.download.com/FileZilla/3000-2160_4-10558869.html?tag=lst-0-1

Now make a new site connection in Filezilla (once u have installed it) using those details supplied to you from your hoster.

drag and drop your web files to ur space. an wholla!