PDA

View Full Version : annoying dreamweaver problem - not sure what I did

pethon
09-24-2006, 12:32 PM
here is my problem

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problemau5.jpg

i desperately hope someone can help me as i like using dreamweaver..

but my fonts/colors etc etc dont appear in my design window, i have to keep looking at my page in web prewview which is so annyoing

Creative Insanity
09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Now try that page in FF or some other REAL browser.

pethon
09-25-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm asking on how to fix the problem within dreamweaver, never mind what browser I use..

please, anyone know a fix?

chriskq
09-25-2006, 04:08 AM
whats so annoying with pressing Alt tab from dreamweaver to a browser (FireFox or IE or wathavyou)

you do realise that the preview window in dreamweaver only represents IE 5 or something ridicolus like that. So try to understand that it is pointless previewing it in dreamweaver (especially if the page isnt going through localhost connection)

Yes that sounds like an echo (i've mentioned this about 4 times now in various threads)

heres my advice:- collapse the preview window in dreamweaver, never open it again. And do like the words of wisdom typed by CI Now try that page in FF or some other REAL browser.

pethon
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
oh ok sorry.

the thing is, about 2 months ago, it was fine, i could see all the different fonts/colors etc etc on the dreamweaver preview.. but for some reason it stopped working.

you said something about 'page not going through my localhost connection'

coud this be because im using a router? i've only just started using a router for about 3/4 weeks.

chriskq
09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
hmmm i have a wireless router, i know that you have to turn port forwarding on if you want to let people view your ip address (in effect making your computer act like a server so u can host a website) but im not sure if taht would be your problem.

maybe uninstall dreamweaver and reinstall?

pethon
09-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks chris, i re-installed and i can now see the preview in dreamweaver fine.

thanks.