PDA

View Full Version : Really starting to hate it!

Creative Insanity
09-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I am slowly getting really fedup with firefox, it crashes constantly, it looses bookmarks, and now I find you cannot change the location of a toolbar and you have to have it where the stupid thing places it.

I am fast getting fed up with this junk browser.

domedia
09-22-2006, 11:33 PM
so so CI, Firefox is to IE, what CSS is to Tables ;)

Creative Insanity
09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah I know dom and there is no way I am going to use IE that is for sure.
But what really bugs me with FF is that many times when I click a link the window goes grey and I get an error. Close it cause I can do nothing else and then hello.. lost me bookmarks again. Now I have my BMs in a seperate application so I do not have to constantly keep replacing files.

Might have a look and see what Netscape are up to these days.
Netscape.. eewww.. horrid.. I hate search engine options on a toolbar you cannot remove.. and many other things on the toolbar you cannot remove.. ditch that.

domedia
09-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Try opera.com it might be a good option to IE and FF

ranjan
09-23-2006, 05:31 AM
why dont you ave your bookmarks.html?? I always do.

to correct your FF woes, i suggest you delete your profile and let FF create a new one.

Creative Insanity
09-24-2006, 06:50 AM
I did have that ran, but I am getting fed up with the crashes as it is annoying because it many times happens on a site you have never been to before and when you click the link it crashes and there is no history of the site. As for the profile thing.. done that been there and still crashes.

theagro
09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
That's strange. I have been using FF for several years now and have had it freeze up just a few times on me but have never had it to lose bookmarks. I still love FF. Sorry to hear about your troubles there CI.

Creative Insanity
09-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah I am not saying FF is not good cause it is.. which is why I still persist in using it despite the constant crashes. I will post the error I get when it happens again.

I also have been using FF for awhile.. since it first came out I started using it.

chriskq
10-03-2006, 11:43 PM
whats that new browser that uses FireFoxes engine, but is apparently super quick and lightweight...

damm i cant remember it, ill have a search around. Sounds like what your after Ci thou.

opera..pfffttt
if u really are a developer you wouldnt use opera to browse with. When coding i design to in FireFox (which uses standards) then tweak the page for IE.

chriskq
10-04-2006, 07:17 AM
http://www.flock.com/

Abrakadabra !

well i think that was the one i was thinking about.... but just looking over the page i could be wrong.... arhhh does anyone kno of a good bookmark extension thingy

Creative Insanity
10-04-2006, 07:24 AM
I am still using FF and just putting up with it. Since FF2 is in beta at the moment I am just waiting and putting up with until V2 comes out.

domedia
10-04-2006, 12:52 PM
arhhh does anyone kno of a good bookmark extension thingy
http://users.adelphia.net/~uberugh//bookmarksyncandsort.html

Works like a charm for me, it synchronizes my work and home bookmarks.