PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Border

nataliep
08-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Does anyone have a fix for this? An annoying border seems to appear around my imbedded flash file while viewing my page in the browser. Strange enough, the border appears as a rollover effect. I've tried everything! Any suggestions in resolving my dilemma are greatly appreciated...

Natalie

chriskq
08-21-2006, 02:27 AM
as you will notice this only happens in Internet Explorer. If you open the page in FireFox you get no rollover border. This is mircosofts fault. Basically, when embedding flash objects directly into the HTML doc, the flash will not load until the user activates it. This does not occur if the flash is written to the page using JavaScript.

Now i have put up this script many times in the forum. (in much more detail than i would be now too, so have a search for flash embedding etc.) You will need to reference a javscript that calls teh swf and writes it into a div, so the browser isnt requesting it anymore the js is, and therefor no more click to activate.

Hey Dom, would you put a tutorial somewhere if i do one regarding embedding swfs.... as this is always a question asked

nataliep
08-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Thanks Chris...

domedia
08-21-2006, 01:06 PM
http://blog.deconcept.com/flashobject/