PDA

View Full Version : Music behind a web site

K.Simmonds
08-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Anyone know how to put music behind a web site so that it plays automatically as you browse the site? Also, is it possible to have a radio station playing automatically? (without having to click on any links etc). Hope you can help.

chriskq
08-21-2006, 12:50 AM
pretty much impoosible to force the user to listen to music without them clicking on anything.
im having probs with a client atm with the same objective. Look how i (semi) got around the problem. www.tlsolutions.com/now

Otherwise, you basically gotta build the whole site in Flash or use frames.

i dont think its a good idea for streaming radio, i mean if the user wanted to listen to radio well she or he would yea?

domedia
08-21-2006, 02:08 PM
It's actually ****** annoying. I often listen to my own music while browsing. Guess what happens when I enter a site that start playing music without my consent?

Creative Insanity
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah I hate that also. Don't you DARE force me to listen to YOUR taste in music.

Forced anything from a site is not only annoying but you can loose so many visitors it ain't funny. You MUST give them the option to turn it off at the very least.

Ricky55
08-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree with the other comments to some extent but sound can sometimes add to a site depending on its content. Although I'd stay away from the radio idea.

You can do this with some flash and you don't need to do the whole site in flash at all you can just have a small section that deals with the sound.

Ricky55