PDA

View Full Version : Submiting via email. nooob, please help!!

i_cogitate
08-19-2006, 12:52 AM
hi, ive treid other tutorials about this, but im a complete newb, and i need someone to explain it step by step. i want to have a simple form, in which users enter their emai addresses, and when they submit the form, the results wlil be sent to my email address. I found some PHP codes on the web that i can use, but i dont know wat to do with them. how do i save them as a php document? wat program do i need to use to do that? how do i do it in the program? do i need to download PHP or something? excuse my ignorance, im just trying to learn. THank you to anyone who will help me!!!

btw im using DW to make my site, and im not a newb to HTML or DW, however im clueless about PHP, and other programming languages. If anyone has any alternate ways i could make this kind of form without using PHP, please do tell....thank you

Creative Insanity
08-19-2006, 01:50 AM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

i_cogitate
08-19-2006, 03:34 AM
yes ive already tried that, but that doesnt answer any of my questions. it doesnt explain how to save the code as a PHP or anything. wat program do i put the code in to save it?

Creative Insanity
08-19-2006, 07:07 AM
That part is simple which is why it is not explained.
Open notepad, copy and paste the code, save file as contact.php and make sure windows does not asighn the txt extension to it. Best way to see if that happens is to show extensions as by default XP hides them, which I think is a stupid idea on MS's part.

davidj
08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
to show extensions as by default XP hides them which I think is a stupid idea on MS's part.

i have to disagree there CI

I have a mother who has decided to become a silver surfer and bought her first PC. She has become a mass murderer of dll's.

she has however learned how to rename files so if extensions were visible by default, instead of getting a PC support call from her every week it would be every day, hour, minute etc.. you get the idea....

Creative Insanity
08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
LOL, well DJ I think you need to kick your mum or atleast place one of those kiddy desktops up where she can only access the apps she needs and nothing else.
Make her a limited user or something.
I still think (for me anyway) hidden extensions are a pain in the arse.