PDA

View Full Version : My wepage didn't transfer to web correctly

JimTheVideoGuy
08-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Hello, I am brand new at web design. My expertise is in video. I have been put in a position to have to do my own website. My webmaster said SEE YA. The problem: I managed to put together an unclickable web page to display right now but when I transferred it to the web everything lined up to the left of the screen. I read some of the other forums to find the solution and seen that you folks want to know about code. I have seen the code in the split screen but I couldn't tell you. I promise I will learn CSS as time goes by. Any assistance you can give me will be enormously appreciated. My website is www.ICUVideoCreations.com I do not know how to display what it looks like in Dreamweaver document window. Thanks JimTheVideoGuy.

chriskq
08-19-2006, 08:25 AM
dude, it looks like u having uploaded ur css.
you need to link <link rel="stylesheet" href="3col_leftNav.css" type="text/css" />

make sure thats in the root folder of ur ftp

dreamlynx
08-20-2006, 07:31 PM
you need to link <link rel="stylesheet" href="3col_leftNav.css" type="text/css" />

I think that was pretty simple.

JimTheVideoGuy
08-22-2006, 03:27 AM
[/quote]
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:25 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you need to link Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="3col_leftNav.css" type="text/css" />

Alright here is how uninformed I am about this. I do not know how to link the information you gave me to the root folder in the FTP. I am brand New to building websites. I tried to get help from my web hosting company and they didn't want to help me. I do not have a lot of money but I will pay someone something for your help. With ever increasing thanks.

domedia
08-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Jim, I think that's you best option now.
You really need to get the basics down and read some more more of the manual/tutorials, and get some practice before you can expect to get your website working yourself.