PDA

View Full Version : Got this error on W3 can someone help?

keano
08-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Error Line 65 column 17: there is no attribute "LEFTMARGIN".
<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onLoad="prel

Received this error trying to understand the fix I need?

Thanks

domedia
08-16-2006, 09:19 PM
leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
The error spelled it out for you already, there is no such attribute, remove them. They're old heritance from a time where different browsers had propietary code to remove outer margins on the document (I think someone once called it "The 4 Riders of Browser Incompatability", this was before proper CSS support).

To remove borders on your document, use this rule in your CSS instead:

body {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

keano
08-16-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks. I want to just clean it up that error is embedded with this code. How do I delete by still leaving the connecting code intact?

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onLoad="preloadImages();MM_preloadImages('../images/back_images/HOME_over.gif','../images/back_images/ABOUT_US_over.gif','../images/back_images/PRODUCTS_over.gif','../images/back_images/R_SERVICE_over.gif','../images/back_images/CONTACT_US_over.gif')">

domedia
08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Go into code view, which is what you're seeing, and remove all wrong attributes (leftmargin, topmargin, margintop and marginheight)

keano
08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
right but by doing so it seems to miss up the code. Do I leave the word body in?

d a v e
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
take out this
leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
:)