PDA

View Full Version : changing text to a link and the text turns blue .... why?

moondog
08-16-2006, 03:33 AM
I work on creating a page and then change a word to a link and the text turns blue, but I want it to go back to the other color .... is there a way to change it back? Because when I highlight the text and then click on the color block to change it to the color I want ... nothing happens.

HELP PLEASE!

dog

Creative Insanity
08-16-2006, 09:14 AM
code

moondog
08-16-2006, 03:32 PM
For the sake of argument, let's just say/remember "I'm an idiot" and I'll ask WHAT? I've looked up and down the "code" part of the page and can't see where it says anything about link colors and such.

Isn't there some kind of Page Properties section that is editable like there is in "God Forgive Me For Saying It" FrontPage?

dog

moondog
08-16-2006, 03:38 PM
And then after looking again ..... I found out how to do it. Under the "MODIFY" tab you will find PAGE PROPERTIES and it is editable for all kinds of things. Sorry to bother all, but I will attempt to LOOK HARDER next time before crying to you guys!

I do appreciate the heck out of this site though .... it is the best site I've found since starting to work on web pages.

dog

Andromeda
08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I think what Creative Insanity may be saying is that we need to see your code in order to help you.

If you can, learn a bit about css. It really does make things much easier.

jasmine
08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, if you canlearn about CSS a little, you can go in and edit the tags for the states of each link (active, visited, ect..). I had to do it so I understand your pain! :)

Creative Insanity
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah Andro was correct. It was the code I wanted to see.

But yeah use CSS and make link tags like:
a:link
a:hover etc

Makes life so much easier.
Look at the CSS tab in DW (DW 8 has way better css support) and from there you can do all manner of things with css.
Personally I use GoLive to create my css pages as there is no program better for css and layer support in my view.

Andromeda
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, if you canlearn about CSS a little, you can go in and edit the tags for the states of each link (active, visited, ect..). I had to do it so I understand your pain! :)

:D LOL! But it was worth it. Yes??

jasmine
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Absolutely! Why would I let a program dictate the colours in my design...:P But it was a pain to learn at first...

moondog
08-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow, I certainly do appreciate all the support and help. I wish I had time to learn new things ... that's why I have to keep asking ... and I am so glad you guys keep answering.

Thanks

dog