PDA

View Full Version : Flash mx - Creating a hotspot to start animation. help pls.

chriskq
08-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Hey all,
in need of a bit of (hopefully simple) flash guidence.
I have started to make a basic animation, but i would like the animation to start only when the user hovers over a particular spot in the image (a hotspot i guess). I then want the animation to play all the way through to the end and then not loop, but stay on the last frame of the animation.

something pretty much the same as here http://myspace.com/timbenzinger [Hover over the dude kneeling]

His stops when you mouse off the hot spot thou, i'd like my animation to play till the end and then stop.

Can anyone help us out here. (im using Flash mx btw :o )
Thanking you

domedia
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
If you haven't already, you need to read up on actionscripting (very similar to javascript), without it you won't be making much with flash.

davidj
08-16-2006, 04:27 PM
add a stop() to the last key frame

chriskq
08-21-2006, 06:31 AM
have made some progress guys. Althou sorta think i need to re-evaluate my image choices as if you refer to my new question post in the photoshop folder i just asked you'll c why. And there is also a link to my flash where im up to..... still abit to go :shock:

jonsaul
08-22-2006, 09:59 AM
creat the animation within a mjovieclip, then stop it on the first frame, and add some .as to it within a rollover event.....

myMC = the instance name of the animation

//actionscript 2.0 /////

myMC.onRollOver = function(){
myMC.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

//actionscript 2.0 /////

then add another stop at the end point and maybe a reset button.