PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging the Scroll bar?

FF1414
08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Is it possible to enlarge the size of the scroll bar on the right size of the screen?

ranjan
08-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Do not touch my browser chrome. I will have it set the way I want it.

Who are you to decide the size of scrollbars or its colors on my browser? Keep your designs to the viewport and DO NOT mess with my browser settings

FF1414
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
:?: Ok this guy's a freak. Anyway, for those who wish to post a serious reply, I am creating an html based program for my fire Departments touchscreen computers. It will allow then access their run books with simple screen taps instead of flipping through hundreds of pages. The problem is ,in a moving fire truck working through traffic, a small scroll bar is hard to make contact with. I want to try and change the size so it will make it easier. This will not be a publically published site.

domedia
08-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Ranjans answer is totally valid, given the information you gave. Namecalling will not get you anywhere.

I think you're planning this all wrong, HTML for a firetruck? Did you consider using java or other technoligies currently used in kiosk applications instead? You're not going to be able to change the scroller, it's part of the browser software, not part of your site (well in this case it's not even a website you're making). If you stick with HTML, you need to limit the website to the viewport, meaning no scrolling. I've done this for a kiosk, it's a pain, but if you insist on using the browser, it's the only way on touchscreens.

FF1414
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Do not touch my browser chrome. I will have it set the way I want it.

Who are you to decide the size of scrollbars or its colors on my browser? Keep your designs to the viewport and DO NOT mess with my browser settings

And I'm the one with the problem. Ok, I am not familiar with Java at all. I will take your advice and look into it.

domedia
08-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Another option could be looking into custom scrollbars *within* the webpage with javascript. I've no experience in doing it this way, but conceptually it's doable for sure.