PDA

View Full Version : Fee calculator, that I cant get to work

becky gelke
08-05-2006, 01:35 AM
##EDIT##

I have sorted the problem now, thanks.

Stuff I am aware of is;
File should be a .asp extension.
The original asp script is unobtainable, as the guy that wrote it has died so we are unable to access it via ftp, because the account details were in his head.
I am probably going to need a new asp script.......but I havent the faintest clue how to write one.
I have approached various people to write me one, for cash, and none have responded.

Please can someone tell me how I get that fee calculator to work on the version of the site I have built???????? It isnt possible to ask the original builder of the site as he is no longer with us, which is why the site owners wanted the site copying as an tribute to him.

Thank you if you are able to help

Creative Insanity
08-05-2006, 02:14 AM
First off does your hoster support ASP pages.. if not then there is your problem.

becky gelke
08-05-2006, 02:20 AM
yes they do. As I said the fee calc works on the original site (but that has the ASP file running in the background, on that server) it wont work on the new website/server (even with a .asp file extension) because I dont actually have the asp code that will make it work, and have no means of getting it, so I am stuck. I was hoping somebody may know how to get the original asp code from the original server, or might know of a similar piece of code that I can use that will make it work. Or better still could write the code for me, and I could pay them.