PDA

View Full Version : Comments on my Site

Soad
08-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Please could you take at look at the site I am doing for my local Indian I need to take some better photographs but any views and comments for any improvements would be most welcome

http://clearviewdesigns.co.uk/shamrat/index.html

Thanks

Creative Insanity
08-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Not bad.. I would place some feathering on that image of the store font to make it blend in better.

Like demo below. You can use that if you want.

dthomsen8
08-04-2006, 02:43 PM
This site is not valid XHTML. Validation is a big help in eliminating errors. Go to www.w3.org for HTML and CSS Validation, or else use an extension of Firefox 1.5 which calls the validation for you.

For example, you don't want both a class and a id for the same text, and you don't want to repeat the same id on two different lines, either. Also, there are many empty spans in the menu page.

domedia
08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Soad, I think it looked nice. Simple and to the point. I got trapped by your Contact link though.. it opened up my email client, not very nice towards the user. Can you maybe make a page instead with address and an email link so people know what will happen if they click on it?

For example, you don't want both a class and a id for the same text Sure you do :) Can be very helpful at times.
and you don't want to repeat the same id on two different lines Very true, defeats the whole purpose of unique ID's

dthomsen8
08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
<td height="10" colspan="3" nowrap="nowrap" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="navText style9" id="navigation"></td>

There may be situations where both a class and an id apply to text, but in this instance there is no text at all, just a or blank. The size of the blank could be set by the class or the id, but this is a complicated way to get a simple result. I did not check out the CSS to see what the class and id do.

Other pages on this site have several empty spans. Perhaps the WYSIWYG window in Dreamweaver is producing this result, but it is not a good result.

Soad
08-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks I appreciate all your comments, I have changed a few things such as the contact page, I am working on forms but not having much luck but will keep at it (still got the feathering to do)

http://clearviewdesigns.co.uk/shamrat/index.html

Andromeda
08-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I think the site looks really good but wonder if a cream bacground rather than a white background would make it a little more special.

I wish more restaurants had web sites where you could see the menus. That way you can have an idea of what's on offer.

Soad
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
I have noticed that if I view the site at a resolution of 800 x 600 I have to scroll to see the entire page, I know I must have missed something at the beginning, any ideas on how I could change it to auto fit when viewed at different resolutions.

Thanks

Andromeda
08-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Try making the width of your table 100 percent rather than a fixed width.