PDA

View Full Version : Keywords and Templates

rgilliland
08-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I designed my page in dreamweaver using a template, and have about 100 pages or so, my question is I now need to start doing SEO using webceo, but am running into a problem, if i need to update my navigation/banners etc. the template is just overwriting all my keywords etc. Is there anyway to fix a template in dreamweaver so it does not affect the meta tags and optimization I have finished but so I can still update all my pages with the template.

Thanks!

Richard
http://www.credit-wisdom.com

rgilliland
08-03-2006, 12:48 AM
anyone?

edbr
08-03-2006, 02:15 AM
sorry not understanding this. the meta tags are in the template so they will be whatever you put there. No?

rgilliland
08-03-2006, 03:10 AM
if I add keywords to all my pages and update the navigation etc. with the template it overwrites all my keywords cause there arent any in the template. Wondering if there is a way to fix this.

domedia
08-03-2006, 01:47 PM
You need to create an updateable region inside the HEAD are of your website in your template. There should be one already, because you TITLE tag is an updateable area already.

Actually, you're just putting your meta tags in the wrong place. Make sure they're instered inside an updateable region, or they will be overwritten.

rgilliland
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks for the help ill give it a shot

rgilliland
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
seemed to have worked, I guess one thing I was doing wrong really was having the index.php keywords in the template which was overwriting the rest, just deleted them and they kept the original keywords.

Thanks for the help!

p.s. dont use web ceo editor, seemed to do weird stuff to my pages. but is a great program for SEO