PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pop up windows!

likegluelikecrew
07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm working on a page that's very long and it has your basic "click on a small thumbnail of an image and a larger version opens up in a pop up window". I downloaded a free extension from the Macromedia exchange called Open Picture Window Fever, but it has a couple of problems. First, there's no option to center the pop up window, only dimensions you can manually put in. Plus when you click on the picture, the new window opens but the original page with the thumbnails automatically goes to the top when the pop up opens (this is a problem because the page is very long and the user would have to scroll back down each time they clicked on an image, a big pain). The only other option I have is to use the Dreamweaver Open Browser Image Behavior. The problems with that is that you have to make a html page for each image, which is a drag. Also, I can get the pop up window to center with a different extension I downloaded, but I still have the same problem with the original page jumps to the top.

What can I do to fix this? Anybody have other ideas or free extensions I haven't tried yet?

chriskq
07-28-2006, 02:25 AM
i did do a tutorial for this problem as i noticed many people were asking something similar.

do you still have it Dom? or was it not worthy to put online?

ill have a rumage around for the doc i did.

in fact do a search on the fourms and you should be able to see a big answeri did for it.

you dont need any hoopLa extensions, just some good javascript and html.
ill look, but let me kno if u cant find the thread with all my code posted on it.

domedia
07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Chris it is definately worth it. I've had some issues with DWclub files being stored all over the place, and must have misplaced yours (you're not the only victim of this), send it over to me today again on email, and it will go up later today on the site and post the link in this thread.