PDA

View Full Version : Blogs & Newsfeeds

gregfindley.com
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

After some advice on blogs/newsfeeds...

Basically I have created a site for a local basketball team, and want to add some way of creating the news stories. I want to be able to change the latest news stories on front page and then add the stories to a contuining news page... How is this possible?!

The site is www.kentcrusaders.co.uk

Any advice/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Greg

dthomsen8
07-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi all,

After some advice on blogs/newsfeeds...

Basically I have created a site for a local basketball team, and want to add some way of creating the news stories. I want to be able to change the latest news stories on front page and then add the stories to a contuining news page... How is this possible?!

The site is www.kentcrusaders.co.uk

Any advice/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Greg

What you want is obviously possible by hand updates. Someone else will have to provide you with an automated method, probably involving a database that can be updated independently from the HTML of the site.

Your web site needs some effort to validate against even the liberal HTML DOCTYPE you specify.

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write("Hello World!")
</script>

is how your JavaScript should be specified.[/url]

davidj
07-20-2006, 07:43 AM
yes
you need PHP or ASP to achieve what your after

Its not that difficult really but you do need a host that supports either one of the languages (PHP Preferably)

You can get pre-writen blog scripts but its not hard to get this up and running

high five - i like your site by the way

chriskq
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
another option could be to have a seperate sub site just for news and blog posts.
that way it can act independently from your homesite (and im sure there is a way to dynamically update latest news items on your homepage)

so that way the address could be blog.kentcrusaders.co.uk
hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW dthomsen8 - everyone can read perfectly wat he wrote in his message thread - so why the hell do you feel the need to quote his entire message.... sorry to be nik-picking, BUT U ALWAYS DO THIS!.

do i need to attach the llama picture again?

davidj
07-20-2006, 08:10 AM
another option could be to have a seperate sub site just for news and blog posts.
that way it can act independently from your homesite (and im sure there is a way to dynamically update latest news items on your homepage)

hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW dthomsen8 - everyone can read perfectly wat he wrote in his message thread - so why the hell do you feel the need to quote his entire message.... sorry to be nik-picking, BUT U ALWAYS DO THIS!.

does that wind you up chriskq

davidj
07-20-2006, 08:11 AM

hope this helps

does that wind you up chriskq

why does that wind you up chris????

hehe

chriskq
07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
argghhhhhhh!!!!

not a double message quote. I'll think ill take some of those stop-smoking instructions that were giving to you Dj......... big breathhhhhhhh..... and release.

"help me, im trapped in glass case of emotion!"

d a v e
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM
can we see the llama picture again? please ;)

how about a simple include just uploaded to the site??

davidj
07-20-2006, 10:58 AM
"help me, im trapped in glass case of emotion!"

with rolf harris

gregfindley.com
07-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info guys!