PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling / Moving Images

pinksparklegirl
07-17-2006, 06:27 PM
I want to create a series of scrolling thumbnails. I have 20 images which I want to scroll continualy from left to right, and when each is clicked it links to another page.

I have tried AJScroller, but it is not good enough. Someone suggested Flash would be more appropriate, but I not familiar with it yet.

I don't want a scroll bar or arrow, just the moving images. Can anyone help?!

Thanks, Sarah.

chriskq
07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
gotta love the image scrolllers ... . (well clients usually do)
it probally should be done in flash as you could reduce the overall file size big time, but until you get yourself sorted in flash flashkit.com (is great place to start) javascript can help you out until then.
i've used the script before. Find here
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

dthomsen8
07-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I want to create a series of scrolling thumbnails. I have 20 images which I want to scroll continualy from left to right, and when each is clicked it links to another page.

I have tried AJScroller, but it is not good enough. Someone suggested Flash would be more appropriate, but I not familiar with it yet.

I don't want a scroll bar or arrow, just the moving images. Can anyone help?!

Thanks, Sarah.

You should be prepared with an alternative if the user has JavaScript turned off.

chriskq
07-19-2006, 02:41 AM
You should be prepared with an alternative if the user has JavaScript turned off.

oh yea nice suggestion dthomsen8... oh wait - thats right, you didnt even give a suggestion.
1. i dont kno of anyone who has javascript turned off.
2. do u even turn javascript off? (if u do, you must be visiting some pretty risky sites taht are trying to attack your computer)
3. the only alternate is to use Flash, or make bluky animated gif (which will take ages for users to download)

such a newbr comment....

Andromeda
07-19-2006, 03:28 AM
What's with the llama? I like llamas. Llamas are fine creatures.