PDA

View Full Version : Dremaweaver states "no site defined" but I did!

fishugly
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I defined my site long ago and have been working on it for months. Yet, when I just opened DW to work on it, in the right hand side under "files", there was nothing but "no site defined". I can now only get to my files by going to "file" in the upper leff and clicking "open".

What's going on here and what should I do?

dthomsen8
07-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I defined my site long ago and have been working on it for months. Yet, when I just opened DW to work on it, in the right hand side under "files", there was nothing but "no site defined". I can now only get to my files by going to "file" in the upper leff and clicking "open".

What's going on here and what should I do?

Are your files still there if you look for them with Windows Explorer or Search?

If so, define the site again, and you should be back in business.

Certainly you should consider backing up all your hard work on a CD, though.

fishugly
07-15-2006, 08:19 PM
dthomsen8,

Yes, all the files are intact and I can even pull them up and work on them. They just aren't in the "Assets" panel any more.

Is there any particular reason that this has happened? Also, is there any thing I SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do when "defining" my site again?

And yes, I have been backing up my work. I copy the entire file from "My Documents", paste them in a new folder on a CD then write them. Hope that works.

Thanks for the reply.

dthomsen8
07-16-2006, 12:51 AM
dthomsen8,

Yes, all the files are intact and I can even pull them up and work on them. They just aren't in the "Assets" panel any more.

Is there any particular reason that this has happened? Also, is there any thing I SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do when "defining" my site again?

And yes, I have been backing up my work. I copy the entire file from "My Documents", paste them in a new folder on a CD then write them. Hope that works.

Thanks for the reply.Defining the site again should do it. Have you tried it yet?

fishugly
07-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Defining the site again should do it. Have you tried it yet?

Yes and it worked. Thank you!

dthomsen8
07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Defining the site again should do it. Have you tried it yet?

Yes and it worked. Thank you!

http://mm-exporter.joexx.de/index_en.php provides a free backup tool for Dreamweaver site definitions, and for other software from Adobe/Macromedia. Check it out.

Creative Insanity
07-16-2006, 06:30 PM
That looks pretty interesting dt.

fishugly
07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
http://mm-exporter.joexx.de/index_en.php provides a free backup tool for Dreamweaver site definitions, and for other software from Adobe/Macromedia. Check it out.

That is interesting. Any one here try it out? If so, what do you think so far?

Thanks.