PDA

View Full Version : Links with color change on background

leech
07-13-2006, 02:06 PM
This question has probably been asked many times but I have no idea what it's called so I can't do a search for it.
I was thinking of having something like the the ones that Dreamweaver Club home page has on it's navigations. When you hover, the background of the whole block changes color, not just the text colors or the background colors covering the part of the texts only.
I've seen it done so many times and has yet to figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

dthomsen8
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
This question has probably been asked many times but I have no idea what it's called so I can't do a search for it.
I was thinking of having something like the the ones that Dreamweaver Club home page has on it's navigations. When you hover, the background of the whole block changes color, not just the text colors or the background colors covering the part of the texts only.
I've seen it done so many times and has yet to figure it out.
Thanks in advance.
http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly-resources/css/css-navigation-menu.shtml
has something along the lines of what you are describing. The basic idea is to use CSS to format a HTML list.

Try CSS menu, or CSS navigation menu, or CSS menu buttons to look for tutorials.