PDA

View Full Version : Political site comments

dthomsen8
07-12-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.lindsaydoering06.com/

is the political site, and here are my own comments. Please add yours.

1. Home page has candidate name and office sought in images, not text. This is very bad for search engine optimization.
2. Issues page does not mention candidate name or office sought in text.
3. Issues page does not mention office sought in text, and candidate name only once.
4. Volunteer/Contribute page does not mention office sought in text, and candidate name only in the address for contact.
5. District 182 page has no text at all, just images, and does not mention candidate name or office sought.
6. Register to vote is a page off the web site, but no warning.
7. Contact page does not mention office sought in text, and candidate name only in the address for contact.
8. HTML does not have a DOCTYPE statement or a language statement, meaning validation will fail.
9. There is no ALT text on images, which should be there for both search engine optimization and for accessibility for the visually handicapped.
10. Formal validation will probably reveal other problems with the HTML. For example, there is no HEIGHT parameter for the <table> tag.
11. Contact page has peculiar mouseover effect when attempting to send email, which could be improved.

Creative Insanity
07-12-2006, 06:16 PM
One one comment really.

Horrid site. Real horrid

dthomsen8
07-13-2006, 12:49 AM
One one comment really.

Horrid site. Real horrid

I had nothing to do with the design or development of this site. I want to suggest more improvements than the 11 items I have mentioned, but I won't be doing them.

d a v e
07-13-2006, 06:33 AM
doesn't fit in 800x600 without horinzontal scrollbar

edbr
07-13-2006, 08:21 AM
The images took too long for me, and then too much landscape for a 'trust me I,m a good guy' site. Try used cars

ramandeep
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I can see nothing good in it, the only improvement i will suggest is redesign.

davidj
07-13-2006, 09:11 AM
it is better than one i cant mention ram

Creative Insanity
07-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree with ram.. trash it and start again. Fill his ego and say he deserves better.. pollies like bull like that. hehe

dthomsen8
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I agree with ram.. trash it and start again. Fill his ego and say he deserves better.. pollies like bull like that. hehe

He got this one for free, except for the domain registration and web hosting with register.com, where he paid to much. He is running against an incumbent who has been there for 22 years, so no matter what he does, he will lose in November.

Beyond that, I don't want the job, either.

Creative Insanity
07-14-2006, 03:24 AM
End of stroy then. hehe