PDA

View Full Version : Need help with something really basic!!

Basscadet
07-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi,

I have a very annoying problem, I am trying to create a site that is contained within a table that is 100% W by 100% H, so that if the user resizes their browser window, the site will resize along with it. The only trouble is, if there is not enough content in the table, in Safari the table height will only be as deep as the content, not the depth of the browser window, for example if there is no contant in the table, it will just be a bar across the top of the page about 10pixels deep when I want it to be the full depth. It works fine in Explorer, but not in Safari. I am just setting the table width and height to 100%. Is there a better way to achieve this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

domedia
07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
There is no such thing as 100% table height, so Safari, which is a standard compliant browser, simply ignores it.. You're going to get these kind of problems more and more until you jump on the standards bandwagon and stop using tables for layout. ;)

As a quick fix, maybe you can add a background image to the website that repeat on the y-axis? If not give the url so we can have a peak, this is all guessing unless we see the actual website. :)

Basscadet
07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your reply.

So how would I achieve this without using tables?

domedia
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I gave one suggestion above and asked for url if it doesn't work :)

dthomsen8
07-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Tell us the URL, or post the code, and maybe we can help. Use the code parameter for posting, if you go that way.

chriskq
07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Thanks for your reply.

wat a llama