PDA

View Full Version : layer keeps going to the top

collins
06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
hi there,

I used to do this fine but for some reason - when I am trying to place a layer - for positioning a photo or soem text - when I click on the function the layer appears but keeps going to the top of the page and I can not seem to move it either - is someone able to explain what is going on here? Please?

mrclark0
06-28-2006, 05:32 PM
hi there,

I used to do this fine but for some reason - when I am trying to place a layer - for positioning a photo or soem text - when I click on the function the layer appears but keeps going to the top of the page and I can not seem to move it either - is someone able to explain what is going on here? Please?

It sounds like the positioning is set to relative. (although I'm a novice at this).

One of the other posts on the site mentioned something about relative and absolute positioning, that's how I learned about it.

You might try opening the CSS panel and checking to see what the positioning on the layer is set to.

collins
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
hi there - thanks for your mail and help.

I can't seem to locate the part you are talking about - anyhow - what happened is that I went in to css and clicked twice on a font aspect - this has changed my interface to all showing only code - the buttons for flipping to showing code and design are greyed in and unclickable - how can I get back to what was a good boy of dreamweaver???!!

mrclark0
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
hi there - thanks for your mail and help.

I can't seem to locate the part you are talking about - anyhow - what happened is that I went in to css and clicked twice on a font aspect - this has changed my interface to all showing only code - the buttons for flipping to showing code and design are greyed in and unclickable - how can I get back to what was a good boy of dreamweaver???!!

greyed out an unclickable?

I don't know, I've never had that happen. Maybe you should close the program and open it again. Maybe someone else here has had that experience and can suggest a course of action for you.

collins
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
thanks there for your response -

I figured it out - quite simple really - it just opened up another page - I could get back to the original page simply by clicking on teh heading tab for that page at teh top!

thanks anyway!

I think I ma making soem progress - but do you know why this happens?

I have chnaged some text to a certain colour - and it publishes fine - however when I have tried to change the colour of the link - on dreamweaver it is showing thatit has chnaged - but on publishing it shows it has not changed. Now - I have tried changing teh colour on those links in about 3 ways now - including going to the page properties for that link and changing the colours there - any expereince on this my friend?

dthomsen8
07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Give us the URL, maybe that will help us see what is happening

daveball
09-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi I am using layers all the time to do websites.
Can you not drag the layer to the postion u want it and then place the image in it making sure the layer is the same size as the gif image.
If you can be more specific about the problem I would like to help you.
Just let me know, thansk

edbr
09-28-2006, 10:10 AM
as said above url or post code including css if an external