PDA

View Full Version : Menus and such

fooldog01
06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone. I am trying to make a hotspot that, when rolled over with the cursor, will drop down a menu of links. Can this be done? Sorry if this question has already been answered but I was unable to locate an answer witht he search function. Thanks in advance!

dthomsen8
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone. I am trying to make a hotspot that, when rolled over with the cursor, will drop down a menu of links. Can this be done? Sorry if this question has already been answered but I was unable to locate an answer witht he search function. Thanks in advance!

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns

shows how to construct a horizontal "drop down" menu. There are also vertical drop down menus.

Many of the older drop-down menus were done with JavaScript, but skilled web developers have created both horizontal and vertical drop down menus with HTML and CSS.

Let us know how you do with this technique.

fooldog01
06-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Alright. I will get to work on it. Thanks for the quick reply! I will let you know how it goes.

fooldog01
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I dont think what I have here will help me. Let me show you what it is I mean exactly.

www.gen-tech.net/Template.htm

The nav bar at the top consists of nothing more than hotspots. Everything you see there on the page is a single image. I just formed hotspot links over the text areas. What I want to do is figure out a way to make the navbar hotspots drop-down/open a menu of links upon rollover. I know you can do this with text or with an image but I want to do it with a hotspot. That is my problem. If anyone has an answer or a question of clarification, let me know. Thanks!

LeoNeo
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
The best and simple way to do it is in Fireworks.

Have you got it?

If so check these tutorials!

Rollover buttons...

http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/rollover_images.asp

Then you can incorporate the drop downs on the the menu...

http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/drop_down_menus.asp

(It is very easy to do this!)

If ya get stuck let me know either by replying here or pm me

8)

leech
07-19-2006, 09:46 AM
I was just searching this forum and found this.
Thanks for the great link!
I am using the one from Alistapart.com, and was wondering about the IE bug thing they've mentioned.
How do I fix it? I know to use the code, but I have no idea where to paste it.
Thanks in advance.

LeoNeo
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I was just searching this forum and found this.
Thanks for the great link!
I am using the one from Alistapart.com, and was wondering about the IE bug thing they've mentioned.
How do I fix it? I know to use the code, but I have no idea where to paste it.
Thanks in advance.

Ello there mate!

Right it depends on what way you are workin (hopefully you are workin in Dreamweaver :wink: )

Its easy to insert the code, if you are workin in tables or layers simlpy click in the section where you want the menu, then go to insert, down town image objects, then select Fireworks HTML, then browse to the folder where the menu is, in that folder you'll see the file what you named your menu with the extension .html. Simply select that.

Done.

:wink: