PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions Regarding publsihing 4 html documents as 1 websi

unknowncsd
06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok.
I have dreamweaver 8 and I use it to create 4 html pages, because i want to create a website which will consits of the 4 html pages.

My question is how via dreamweaver if posible, do i upload the files onto my host?

Also, how do 'connet' the pages so my home page will show up 1st when u type in t6beats.com?

thanks

ps I am new to dreamweaver

chriskq
06-22-2006, 01:35 AM
yes u are new to dreamweaver.
u need to download a ftp program to upload ur html fiels to the server

go to www.download.com search for filezilla. thats a easy one to use (and free)

then connect to your server (u will need all the ftp details) and upload your pages and images

edbr
06-22-2006, 03:23 AM
If you name your "homepage' index.html, it will auto matically be selected as default

dthomsen8
06-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok.
I have dreamweaver 8 and I use it to create 4 html pages, because i want to create a website which will consits of the 4 html pages.

My question is how via dreamweaver if posible, do i upload the files onto my host?

Also, how do 'connet' the pages so my home page will show up 1st when u type in t6beats.com?

thanks

ps I am new to dreamweaver

Go to "Site" and then "Manage Sites" and "New" to define a site, and "Edit" to set the remote information. Dreamweaver can publish to a web hosting company without the need of any FTP program. Although some developers prefer their favorite FTP program, I have always found the DW feature to work just fine for me.

Next you need to get a web hosting company and a domain name, to be able to publish at all. Are you ready with those?

unknowncsd
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Ok I did all of that.
I got all my files via dreamweaver and I uploaded them onto my host (netfirms)
but i have a promblem
when i go to t6beats.com my domain name it tells me that i should

"in order to view your homepage, please name your main page "index.htm" (using lower case letters). The index.htm file must reside directly within the www directory of your account for it to be viewable."

1) all of my files do resided within the www directory but my main page is not named index.htm but index.html
i thought that .html and .htm are the same? if not what can i do?

also within the host when i click on index.html my homepage pops up and once i click onto the internal links to the other 3pages they also pop up

so what am i doing wrong

and again
thanks
pce

edbr
06-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I tried www.t6beats.com/index.html and could not find anything. Are you sure you have your fiesin the www directory and not in a folder ie. www.t6beats.com/foldername/index.html

failing that I would just change the name of your file and links to it. i have no idea why this is a problem otherwise though.

unknowncsd
06-25-2006, 01:25 AM
ok i figured out the problem:
i accidently created like 3 directories each with all the files in it ( idont know how) and then i had t6beats.com directed onto some blog;
now T6beats.com/index.html works!!!! but i have a wierd problem when i go to t6beats.com it does not go to t6beats.com/html.index
wait...
ok (sorry for the long rant.( i work graveyard i stayed up to watch the world cup games)

ok it works
it works
my site works
thank you to everyone that helped me out
u guys rock
pce