PDA

View Full Version : colour keeps reverting

collins
06-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi there,

I am using a template - one of dreamweaver's own css styles. However problem is that after I have changed the colour of soem text and then go and do another function such as linking text in another area to another page - the colour on the unrelated part of the page reverts back to the original coulour! I have tried many times - even going in to the panel groups for css and changing it there - but it just keeps reverting back.

any ideas?

Collins

chriskq
06-22-2006, 02:42 AM
open the css.

if ur link text is in a

tag u need to specify its other states.
eg:

a {
text-decoration: none;
color: #666;
}

a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #0cf;
}

collins
06-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi there - thanks for your reply,

But I'm afraid I am a complete novice and have not really understood what you meant. I now have a different problem as well - I trie dot save soem text in snippets and then when I tried to save teh whole file - the page reverted in to some other kind of mode and I appear to have lost the styles I had used - it has got a very drab appearance to the text now.

can you advise any further - please??

d a v e
06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
post a link to the page so we can see ;)

collins
06-29-2006, 04:56 PM
o.k - thanks

I think I have just managed to sort this out - bascially - the font colour must be addressed at the css and secondly - although it may not seem obvious - the one abbreviated 'a' actually stands for the text colour - anyway it worked in terms of changing the link colours so that they also appear when published just like they originally appeared only the dreamweaver interface.

dthomsen8
06-30-2006, 02:19 PM
o.k - thanks

I think I have just managed to sort this out - bascially - the font colour must be addressed at the css and secondly - although it may not seem obvious - the one abbreviated 'a' actually stands for the text colour - anyway it worked in terms of changing the link colours so that they also appear when published just like they originally appeared only the dreamweaver interface.

When you have published, provide the URL for more comments. We improve each other's work here. Many of us work alone, and having colleagues is an advantage in getting a good result. You can have colleagues from all over the world by posting here.

Most, if not all appearance decisions should be done in CSS, not the HTML.