PDA

View Full Version : Script errors

RonCioffi
06-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I've got three script errors which are affecting my DW, including not allowing me to cut and paste.

The errors are:
dwscriptsExtData.js, line 56
XSLT.htm (translator)
TeamAdminTempDelete.html

I have reinstalled DW twice, fixed permissions on m Mac, done Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk. Plus, I've copied over these files from another working copy of DW. But, no success.

Any ideas?

ranjan
06-17-2006, 05:42 PM
1. Close DW.
2. Browse to Drive:\Documents and Settings\Your Login\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration
3. Delete the WinFileCache*.dat file in the Configuration folder.
4. Restart DW.

The above is what I would do to rectify the above in Windows. Key is to find the above cache file and delete it

Update:

From Adobe Site

Delete the WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat, MacFileCache-BFE7CE2E.dat, or FileCache.dat file from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder. The string of characters after "FileCache-" may differ on your machine. On Windows, FileCache file is located here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration. Note that the "Application Data" folder is hidden by default, so you'll need to make sure that your Windows Explorer folder options are set to View Hidden Folders. On the Mac, the path to FileCache file is Mac HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/. Deleting the FileCache.dat file is a good test to run if you're experiencing a JavaScript error related to dwscripts.

RonCioffi
06-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Brilliant, hat fixed it trashing the MacFileCache-67ACF481.dat and the MacFileCache-E18E8FA4.dat files.

Note: I don't have a FileCache.dat file in my Mac HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/ folder. I do have a FileCache.dat file in my Mac HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/DWMX2004 folder.

Thanks.