PDA

View Full Version : Iframes

Trust Reality
06-16-2006, 01:37 AM
So i got my new Mac and I'm working on a website. I went to go look at a page and my Iframe is in the top right. It will not move at all. Is there a way to change this? Is there a way to convert everything to a table with the Iframe code in? Thank you.

chriskq
06-16-2006, 04:10 AM
im no iframe expert - but can i ask why are u using iframes?
what are you wishing to achieve using them?

im a young developer, but from what i've heard stay away from frames is the general response when u ask about frames.

Trust Reality
06-16-2006, 06:15 AM
I will be maintaining this site over the summer and it's for the portfolio page so there will be more photos to go in and it just helps keep it orginized.

HeadAche
06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Steer clear of frames without a question. I think iFrames are slightly better when used in moderation.

I dont think you should have a problem putting the iFrame content into a table or table cell instead. There will be a html page linked to the iFrame (just like normal frame sets). Find this page and just copy and paste the content into a table/cell.

Trust Reality
06-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Would it just be what i'm veiwing my site in? I'm using Safari because thats what came with my mac.

dthomsen8
06-18-2006, 04:04 AM
So i got my new Mac and I'm working on a website. I went to go look at a page and my Iframe is in the top right. It will not move at all. Is there a way to change this? Is there a way to convert everything to a table with the Iframe code in? Thank you.

First, using an IFRAME is not the same as using a FRAMESET.

Second, you can almost certainly accomplish the same result with CSS and tables instead of an IFRAME in terms of layout.

Since you don't describe just what you are doing in any detail, that is all I can say for now.

dthomsen8
06-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Would it just be what i'm veiwing my site in? I'm using Safari because thats what came with my mac.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
has downloads for Mac, so you aren't limited to Safari.

Trust Reality
06-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Does Firefox even support iframes?

dthomsen8
06-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Does Firefox even support iframes?

Firefox 1.51 is an excellent browser, and supports CSS better than IE6.

Creative Insanity
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
All you people downing iframes. why? So what if a se doesn't like them who cares!
layer scrollers SUCK as you cannot target a link to a stupid layer.. there is too much layers/css are hollier than thou on this site and it slightly pisses me off.

I use iframes all the time and in my view they rock. layers/css sites in my view look flat and boring and not only that they are damn hard to get right for a beginner.

What a handful of people prefer on a site does not make it right.

So I say if you can not answer a question with out puting it down why bother answer at all.

Trust Reality place your iframes inside a cell and then they will stay in place.

Trust Reality
06-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I got everything fixed. I found a new code that actually lets me see where it will be and lets me move it without having to change numbers. I take my finished website to him today. I'll give you the link once it's posted up.[/code]

Trust Reality
06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Speaking of which, I know theres a way to post a site up in dreamweaver but what's the button to do it? I know how to do everything from there I just don't know what button to press first.

Creative Insanity
06-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Once you have created the site inside dw and got all the remote side working, then select all the files in the site inside DW and then press the "put" button and DW will FTP to the location you have entered in the remote side and upload everything.
The put button is the blue one pointing upward under the files tab.