PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Tables

yurg
06-12-2006, 10:24 AM
hello

how do i make it so that the tables do not alter size when i put different size images in them? i have three columns and when i put an image in one it changes the width of the others, its drivin me nuts.

HeadAche
06-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I consider good table design layout a fine art. Its like making scrambled eggs, simple but tough to get right. Sounds like you need to go and learn about table layout design from the net, books or video tuts...

dthomsen8
06-12-2006, 12:47 PM
hello

how do i make it so that the tables do not alter size when i put different size images in them? i have three columns and when i put an image in one it changes the width of the others, its drivin me nuts.

If you post a code example, or a URL, maybe we can help you more. Please use the "Code" box if you post HTML.

yurg
06-12-2006, 12:52 PM
cant give a url cos im building it from scratch. I thought it would be simple but every time i type the cell width in its properties it looks ok in dreamweaver but when i look at it in the browser the column with the smaller image in it shrinks to fit round it

yurg
06-12-2006, 12:57 PM
so basically if i have 3 of the same image in 3 different columns, everything looks ok in the browser, change one of the images to a smaller one and the two bigger imaged columns take up more space and reduce the third coloum. is there a set table width function anywhere

dthomsen8
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
so basically if i have 3 of the same image in 3 different columns, everything looks ok in the browser, change one of the images to a smaller one and the two bigger imaged columns take up more space and reduce the third coloum. is there a set table width function anywhere

Are you specifying the table and/or column width in percent, or pixels, or what? Without the code it is difficult to help you.

HeadAche
06-12-2006, 10:40 PM
is there a set table width function anywhere

Like I say mate, you sound really unexperience with html and dreamweaver, you should try and get lessons in book or training video format.

yes, you can ser the table and cell widths in dreamweaver. you select the table or table cell and use the property inspector to enter the width. you either enter a number like '255' to set to 255 pixles or you can enter a percent, like '25%'...