PDA

View Full Version : Different screen sizes?

missj
06-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi there
This has nothing to do with Dreamweaver (I think) so I'm posting it in this category :)
Anyways, I have the standard size monitors (800x600)
Sometimes when I visit a ... say a friends blog, on a bigger screen, the graphics stays the same size therefore looks Tiny on that screen compared to the larger window size.
When I visit a website, it is usually enlarged (graphics I mean) or stretch to suit the size.
I just want to know, how is it possible to make it fit the larger screen sizes, or is it something that does itself?
- Thanks

dthomsen8
06-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi there
This has nothing to do with Dreamweaver (I think) so I'm posting it in this category :)
Anyways, I have the standard size monitors (800x600)
Sometimes when I visit a ... say a friends blog, on a bigger screen, the graphics stays the same size therefore looks Tiny on that screen compared to the larger window size.
When I visit a website, it is usually enlarged (graphics I mean) or stretch to suit the size.
I just want to know, how is it possible to make it fit the larger screen sizes, or is it something that does itself?
- Thanks

First, a lot of users are using monitors beyond 800x600, some way beyond that.

Second, are you asking about web site design? This forum has often had discussions on fixed width versus fluid width designs. Maybe we have some going on right now.

While an image doesn't change sizes, the text can expand and contract to fit the screen, usually down to a minimum design size. Sometimes designers allow the user to click on an image to get a larger version of the image. This may start with a really small thumbnail, or it may start with a larger image which allows changing to a really large image in a separate window.

dthomsen8
06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi there
- Thanks

It does have to do with general web design, though. Post in that section above and you may get more replies than down here.