PDA

View Full Version : editable regions

ally
06-12-2006, 12:16 AM
just a quick question about editable regions.

i have a template set up on dreamweaver and i am now at the stage on inserting my text.

how many editabale regions should you have, can you have 2 editable regions along side each other?

i did try this but things got a bit funny when i preview my site. The text seems to move around a lot, or in otherwords it doesnt look the same from the editor to the preview.

i would like too have 2 colums of text running along side each other, with one of them a different color, i thought i was on the right track by using the 2 editable regions, but found out that doesn't work right.

any ideas of what i can do?, maybe i can have one large editable region that i can split into two?, i dunno.

ally

edbr
06-14-2006, 01:15 AM
You could insert a table into your editable regionwith 2 columns, or divs if you prefer

dthomsen8
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
just a quick question about editable regions.

i have a template set up on dreamweaver and i am now at the stage on inserting my text.

how many editabale regions should you have, can you have 2 editable regions along side each other?

ally

Editable regions control where you can insert more HTML in the code. The HTML can be inserted in the code window, or the equivalent graphic can be inserted in the design window. Dreamweaver is a GUI/WYSIWYG tool, so to make the best use of it, use the design window and GUI features as much as you can.

The editable regions do not have anything to do with the columns of text you are placing in particular pages. That is controlled by your design, whether you are using tables (the old way) or CSS locating (the newer way). Are you using the DW tracing image?

Once you have something online, provide the URL here and you can have more help.