PDA

View Full Version : load time differences between IE6 & FF?

scifin
06-10-2006, 09:06 PM
In making my freind's wedding site and testing various incarnations of it as it gets closer to being finished I've noticed that in Firefox it loads pd-quick and in IE6 is loads kind of slow; could this be a coding issue or just a matter of the differences in the browsers and how they work?

This is a sample front page of the site: http://www.scifinmusic.com/wetest.html

scifin
06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Was this a stupid question? It's been a couple of days and all I hear are crickets chirping. If it was a stupid question I heartily apologize.

dthomsen8
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Was this a stupid question? It's been a couple of days and all I hear are crickets chirping. If it was a stupid question I heartily apologize.

I tried the site on Firefox, IE6, Netscape and Opera, and couldn't see any difference among the various browsers. Perhaps the difference lies in the characteristics of your internet service provider. Are you on dial-up, or DSL, or broadband?

d a v e
06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
seemed pretty much the same for me. bit faster on firefox of course ;)

scifin
06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Is there a reason for that? Is there anything I can do coding wise to allow IE6 to work faster or is it just that FF is faster because of the way it works?

dthomsen8
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
You can make your page load faster every time by compressing the JPG images more. I downloaded your bride and groom photo and set the compression to 30%. See the attachment, 20Kb instead of 120Kb.

scifin
06-12-2006, 09:08 PM
But it kinda doesn't look so good if I compress the file or just save it at a lower resolution.