PDA

View Full Version : Includes and Dreamweaver

kona72
06-09-2006, 03:11 AM
So i have been playing around with the <?php include(); ?> command lately and have to say i am finding it a bit hard to get used to. After a few years of developing in th DW environment where you can see everything you really have to rely on your coding knowledge to use these.

Anyways my question is really quite broad....

Who else uses this tag on a regular basis and are there any hints or tricks that i should know as i am getting started??

HeadAche
06-09-2006, 10:32 AM
All's I can say is, think of them like Library members in Dreamweaver... Havent really used them to a great degree myself. Alot of sites have like the header section of the site (with might include the logo and site links, search box etc...) and use that as an include on the top of every page...

domedia
06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
After a few years of developing in th DW environment where you can see everything you really have to rely on your coding knowledge to use these. If you develop your website on a development server (as in working directly on the server) then PHP will be parsed when previewing pages in browser.

davidj
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
i see so many bad habbits from long suffering dreamweaver users (including myself)

when you first experience dreamweaver you think that all your christmas's have come at once but DW has so many bad habits built into the code model then you will find yourself writing more and more code yourself as you will be able to streamline it better.

example
if you write a great library for conecting to a db then you can use that in evey app you write and all you have to do is pass the query. Great time saver

allot of DW users dont know what a CLASS is or what OOP is all about and they are missing out on so much

domedia
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
:roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: