PDA

View Full Version : new pages

yurg
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
hello

when creating my home page, do i need to make my home page a template so that subsequent pages have the same properties such as styles?

I basically need to know how to create new pages with the basic layout of the home page. this is a simple answer im sure, but i just dont know it.

cheers

dthomsen8
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
hello

when creating my home page, do i need to make my home page a template so that subsequent pages have the same properties such as styles?

I basically need to know how to create new pages with the basic layout of the home page. this is a simple answer im sure, but i just dont know it.

cheers

Cascading style sheets for each page of a web site are usually specified by a link to an external stylesheet. For example:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="main.css">

CSS can be used for specifying fonts and lots of other appearance things, but also for layout. Some designers still use tables for layout, as that was how they learned to develop web pages before CSS was available, but more are using CSS for layout, either writing the code directly, or with Dreamweaver layers.

Don't be hasty in deciding to use templates. They can be tricky for the beginner.