PDA

View Full Version : Design in dual view?

Sykoi
06-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I just recently found out Dreamweaver allows you to spread its windows into your secondary monitor, and I really want to take advantage of this.
However, after looking for 30+ minutes, I haven't been able to find an option to move the design view into the secondary monitor, while keeping the code in the first.

Is there a way to do this? I'd like to keep the main window in my primary monitor, and have a floating window with the design view in the secondary (For obvious reasons)

kona72
06-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Sure....
See attachement for visual.
But basicall you just need to 'tear away' the pallette in question from the dock using the little dotted area on the top left hand corner of the pallette. Once it has been 'undocked' you can simply drag it across to the next screen.

Sykoi
06-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Err... I don't see a dotted line for the designer view (I want to have a code view, and a design view side by side)

kona72
06-09-2006, 12:32 AM
AHhhhh I get it now..

Push F10 on your keyboard....

Sykoi
06-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Errr close but no cigar, I want to turn that code inspector into a design window.
Is there any way? I really wanna have the code window be in the main DW window, and design in separate monitor.

kona72
06-09-2006, 01:58 AM
What's the difference really. You get both... one code one design.