PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic World Map

lux
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey,

My mate is going on his world travels for a year and I want to build a web site for people to check out how hes getting on and stuff.

What I would like to do is link his travel logs to world map to show what hes been up to in different countries. Say the user could click on a country or city in a country and it would link to the travel log.

Has anyone come across away ways of doing this or suggestions for this?

(preferably in PHP but im always wiling to learn new languages)

Any help would be much appreciated

HeadAche
06-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe have a table of countrys, primary key and country name, then just have the primary key acosiated with the image map slice or flash movie section of the country.

Sounds complicated... Why dont you just make him a blog. If you were doing that thing I'd just use and image map for this, but im lazy.

lux
06-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, its defo something that i could create but like you say a little crude. I think I will experiment with the idea and see what I can come up with.

I have seen a couple of sites that offer this already; http://www.mytripjournal.com/

The site i proposed to my mate will include travel logs that he can add, update & delete. Also with a calendar and stuff. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions and to stuff to add as well to really help make an impact.

Cheers people!