PDA

View Full Version : template : swf reloads each page. navigation: current page

Tonia Sears
06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Im fairly new to dreamweaver.

I have made a template for my website which works fine but i have two problems:

1: i have imported an SWF file it works ok but each time a user navigates to a new page it reloads, i want it to do it once the stay on the last image for the rest of the site.

2: Im sure this is a simple css issue but i created a nav bar and i want it to highlight the page its on. I have played with a: active but this stops when you move away.

Is there simple solutions to these problems or a way round them??

My coding is very basic !!!

domedia
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
1: i have imported an SWF file it works ok but each time a user navigates to a new page it reloads, i want it to do it once the stay on the last image for the rest of the site. You can replace the flash with a regular image for the inside pages.
2: Im sure this is a simple css issue but i created a nav bar and i want it to highlight the page its on. I have played with a: active but this stops when you move away. CSS a:active does not mean active page. You need to use a server side language available on your hosting account to detect which page you're on and apply a CSS class/id to that particular link.

Tonia Sears
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Thankyou for your help. i have managed to create code that recognises which page you are on. to do this i have used li = this list definer atomatical sticks in bullet points and other styles how do i edit the styles for preset tags???

changing the flash to a still further on in the site- will this not still have the same issue when you return to the home page