PDA

View Full Version : HTML to send an image as an email.

scifin
06-04-2006, 10:40 PM
I need to send out an email to a load of people who are invited to a friend's wedding. I made a little invitation in PS and now I just wanna send that gif in the body of an email (not as an attachment) that I'll send using Outlook Pro 2003. The image itself will be on our own server.

A) I need to get this done kinda of soon-ish
B) I wanna get it over with already!!!
C) Thanks for any help, I sure as heck need it!

There won't be anything else to the email except for this invite.
http://scifinmusic.com/giuntawedding/invitetemplate.gif

chriskq
06-05-2006, 06:39 AM
ok this is so easy to do. once u do ur first emailer, then its pretty basic from then on in.
So ur in luck as i feel like being extra nice, so i'll create the email for you

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
<title>Invitation</title>
</head>

<body>
<table width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" align="center">
<tr>
<td width="600">

<table width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td width="600">http://wwwyourwebsitehostingaddresshere.com/email/images/invitation.gif</td>
</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

any troubles let me kno.
u have to host ur iamge somewhere and assign it new widths and heights.
if the image is any less than 600px's, you will have to accomodate for that by creating side td's.
what i mean by that is: if ur invite is 500pixels wide.
your tds would be.

<tr>
<td width="50"></td>
<td width="500">http://wwwyourwebsitehostingaddresshere.com/email/images/invitation.gif
<td width="50"></td>

scifin
06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks, after a tiny bit of tweaking (and I don't mean the drug induced kind) I was able to get it to work using the code you provided but only by using Outlook Express.

Any idea how to send a html based email through Outlook 2003?

Even if the answer is no, thanks a lot!!! You just took the weight of the world off of Atlas' shoulders. :lol:

chriskq
06-05-2006, 11:39 PM
im sorry dont kno how to send html thru outlook.
but thats a good question.
if you find out let me know

-------------------- (has thought) :shock:
Well there is one way, sorta dodgey thou.
In outlook go Tools > Options > [Mail Format TAB] > down the bottom go Signatures.

now you can place html code in a new signature. so basically all u will need to do to send the email is change the signature option to ur newly created one and then just email ur signature

that make sense...?
otherwise google html email sender
let me kno how u go

edbr
06-06-2006, 01:56 AM
If you look in tools/options/mail set up you have html option in my version of Outloook. Hope that helps

scifin
06-06-2006, 09:09 PM
I have that option in outlook but when I paste the html into the body of the email it just stays as text when I send it out.

The stupid thing is that it's sooooo easy to do in Outlook Express and seemingly impossible to do in Outlook. I've been searching for days all over the 'net to find out how to make it work and I can't seem to. No luck on the Microsoft site, google, all different forums, and yelling out my window.

In Express it's like a one click operation, you'd think they'd have a similar version in Outlook but nooooo. I tried Mail Merge in Word and loads of other stuff. I'd like to punch Outlook right in its big yapper.
:evil:

chriskq
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
did u try the option as sending the code as a new signature?

scifin
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
did u try the option as sending the code as a new signature?
No, I've just surrendered. I only need to do this as a one time only thing, unless my firend get married loads of times in relatively short order, so I'll just use Express and get it over with.