PDA

View Full Version : Who makes websites for a living?!

fodder
06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
if so do you have any advice for people who think they might like to do it aswell....

is there particular stuff you should know, etc?

domedia
06-01-2006, 12:48 PM
There's a few here that do, but there are many different ways you can make websites for a living :) Many differerent job titles and responsibilities.

InterAKT
06-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Do you use or intend to use Dreamweaver? I suggest you do. I mean with Dreamweaver and some Dreamweaver extensions you can do pretty good websites. The main advantages are that these tools save time and don't require advanced programming knowledge.
Mihaela

stoneygossard
06-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Do you use or intend to use Dreamweaver? I suggest you do. I mean with Dreamweaver and some Dreamweaver extensions you can do pretty good websites. The main advantages are that these tools save time and don't require advanced programming knowledge.
Mihaela
Michaela,
I have just qualified as a Software Engineer eventhough i'm 32. I wanna make some cash outta websites so any advice would be welcome. I am thinking of getting into web applications using php or asp.net.And Dreamweaver has gotten me through any web dev. projects all the way through college so i'll be sticking with it for design etc and some functions.

anyway, I would like to do the programming and am looking for a deisigner partner preferrably someone with experience using flash.So could u point me in the right direction?
Stoney

davidj
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
ok

can i join in...

go to my site and buy some stuff from me

only 50 a bottle or 70 if you buy a crate

rub it in before bed time and the next morning you will be a top-gun developer earning a super-tax based salary + car + kate moss

go on ... what do you have to loose. Can you afford not to give this ago..

hehe

Creative Insanity
07-05-2006, 08:25 PM
LOL DJ is back..
some extensions are not bad but from my OWN personal experience I would never ever in my life again touch any Interakt extenstions. Never!

They seem to cause more errors then what you expect.
They place a crap load of UN-NEEDED files in your site and cleaning up is a bloody nightmare. I mean around 120 extra files for something as simple as an upload page.. come on get real.
Interakt stuff is bloody expensive and junk.. Oh and you need to be a bloody professor to use the bloody things also.. and their help forum.. DOESN'T WORK! They could not fix my fault.. so I tossed their stupid extension in the trash where it belongs and made my own upload which was ONE extra file BTW. LOL
Interakt is a bloody JOKE.

InterAKT
07-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry ... I thought this was a forum where people try to help other people. Stoney asked a question and I answer it. How did you help?
I'm sorry you were disapointed with one of the InterAKT products, but I might say you're the only client I know to be that much displeased .. and believe me, we have quite a lot of clients. As I explained to you before on another forum (it seams you like spending your time writting malicious threads) none of the files we generate is useless. Our products are designed to suit both simple and complex needs and in order to be able to satisfy the complex ones, more files are needed. It's pretty logic I think.
Anyway, I'm sorry about your bad experience.

davidj
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry ... I thought this was a forum where people try to help other people.

yes but that may be some help other than the product your trying to push

the initial Question was...
is there particular stuff you should know, etc?

where the fck does your extensions help this guy?????

i already earn a respectable living from this malarky and at no time have i used one of your extensions???

lets be patronising for a moment and teach you something about marketing...

why not write an awsome tutorial which needs no extensions and drop it in a PDF for download then what you can do is this ......advertise your extentions in the first page...! just a thought

you could advertise your company from within your signature if you must

you get your message across to those who might find your stuff of interest and i dont have to read friggin spam

i have a magazine of delete bullets and they have your name on them
so go on.... make my day

Creative Insanity
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
PMSL @ DJ.

you're the only client I know to be that much displeased
we only have your word on that.
Many people do not speak out as much as I do and if they have a problem they just put it down to life and move on. I am not one of those people I am happy to say.

gmcrone
07-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Lets cool down a little bit guys.

InterAkt did not advertise their products, just made a comment that Dreamweaver with extensions make life easier.
Extensions to Dreamweaver are a fact of life whether you use them or not.

I personally do use some of their extensions and haven't really had any problems.

Now back to the origional question.

What do you need to make a living from web design.

A site programmer
A graphics artist
A database guru
A designer for the layouts
An accountant
A public relations manager

Of course this can all be one person, but much better as a team.
You can also sub-contract out the parts you can't do

Mike...

stoneygossard
07-18-2006, 10:05 PM
What do you need to make a living from web design.

A site programmer
A graphics artist
A database guru
A designer for the layouts
An accountant
A public relations manager

Of course this can all be one person, but much better as a team.
You can also sub-contract out the parts you can't do

Mike...

Mike,

firstly, it's nice to see the voice of reason winning out. Now let me ask you this, I am a programmer and will not be needing any DW extensions (although i have to admit, i'll take the easy way out if they are given to me on a plate!). My problem is i have a designer on my case to join my team and he wants to charge for doing the template and then charge extra for cutting up the template. To what is he referring "cutting it up", is this the same as slicing?
Stoney

gmcrone
07-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Mike,

firstly, it's nice to see the voice of reason winning out. Now let me ask you this, I am a programmer and will not be needing any DW extensions (although i have to admit, i'll take the easy way out if they are given to me on a plate!). My problem is i have a designer on my case to join my team and he wants to charge for doing the template and then charge extra for cutting up the template. To what is he referring "cutting it up", is this the same as slicing?
Stoney

That is probably what they mean, slicing. However, I would not take this as an acceptable method. If you "purchase" a template, it should be the design all ready sliced and ready to go.

Mike...

davidj
07-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I am a programmer and will not be needing any DW extensions

high five - respect