PDA

View Full Version : Unable to preview

jeremyjohnjames
05-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi I'm blind and I'm having trouble with Dreamweaver.

Just joking.

I've actually got a problem with previewing in my browser. Everytime I save or press F12 to get a preview of my website, Dreamweaver connects to my server, opens my browser and says unable to connect.

I've recently been fiddling around with the settings and I must have ticked the wrong box, or something, because it wasn't doing this before.

Can someone please give me any advice as I am slowly sending myself up the wall.

Thanks. :roll:

chriskq
06-01-2006, 07:30 AM
One, its not a good idea to trust the dreamweaver preview function. i think dreamweaver mx's preview might only be equivilant to like IE 4 (someone is welcome to correct me)

have you got IIS setup on ur computer? if not you should try and look into installing it (it will make previewing sites so much easier as you can organise everything in your wwwRoot folder [inside the inetPub])
check out what it is here
http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis_winXP_pro.asp

other than that, can you not just right click on the page and view in IE or FF from your local

OR if u have webspace you can upload ur site into a test folder, but yes that means to preview changes u will have to upload the page everytime u make a change.

hope this helps

grammargrub1
06-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem ever since I uploaded my website. Fress F12 and it goes berserk (well sort of!) It's really annoying. So I defined a "copy" of the site and work on that and then transfer the modified page across to the site.