PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...Please!!!

sunvalley
05-26-2006, 06:03 PM
I am trying to design a dynamic website using DW 8, with an Access Database, and coding with ASP.

What I would like to do is build a search page using multiple drop-down boxes to select a value and get data that match on the results page. I have a sample site that I would like to copy their search operation exactly. If you go to the website http://www.ogb.state.ms.us/wellsearch.php - you will be able to select a value from any of the combo boxes and get a match that is related to what was selected on the following results page. I'm looking for a search method just like that website so that I can give my clients the freedom to search for data base on what they selected in the multiple combo boxes. I need help in the code part...how to I code my master recordset to operate a search function just like the page I stated above.

Quick Sample:

If my clients select a Operator Name from the operator combo box and select a County from the county combo box then when they press the submit button - they will only see data if there is a match shared with the Operator Name and the County together. I don't want my clients to see data that (wildcards) for the operator name and county they selected, if it is possbile to build a search engine like the site above could someone
please start me off.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated,
Thank You.