PDA

View Full Version : images

daveball
05-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi guys/girls still loearning dreamweaver 8 as we speak, have a copy of the tutorial from www.lynda.com if any 1 is iteresested in it.
The question I have is where can I buy images for my design, for logos and headers, thanks

dthomsen8
05-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi guys/girls still loearning dreamweaver 8 as we speak, have a copy of the tutorial from www.lynda.com if any 1 is iteresested in it.
The question I have is where can I buy images for my design, for logos and headers, thanks

If you develop a site for a client or a friend, they may be able to provide the images you need. Sometimes you might want to take digital photos yourself, or take film photos and have the photoprocessor make a CD with scanned digital images for you.

Obviously there are plenty of clipart and photography sites online where you can buy images. Microsoft Office tools come with a variety of clipart, and computer stores sell inexpensive collections of clipart.

Finally, Google has an image search which shows images from all over the world. Using those images involve copyright issues.

What is the purpose of your web site design effort?

domedia
05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
A quick search on Google for 'stock photography' should give you the main stock photography sites online.
http://www.google.com/search?q=stock+photography

Personally I use Photospin.com which is very affordable for those of us that can't afford the big guys ;)