PDA

View Full Version : Adding mapping to a swapped image

jmf
05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm trying to create a men by swapping images to change options, but I can't figure out how to add mapping that is unique for each swapped image. I can add mapping to the original image, but each swapped image uses the same mapping.

Is there any way to add unique mapping to the swapped image? A swap image behaviour brings in different images to change menu options but how can I give each image a unique set of options? The swap behaviour will only bring in images, and no mapping is available. What I would like to be able to do is bring in an image with its own set of hotspots or some how give each swapped in image a unique set of options/links. Please advise.

jmf

domedia
05-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Is there any way to add unique mapping to the swapped image? Not that I know of :-/

d a v e
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
what about if you show/hide layers??

jmf
05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
You can't put hotspots in an empty layer, and if you put in an image there is no way to assure it will not look differently in the various browsers and screen sizes. If I'm missing something or my assumptions are incorrect please advise.

jmf

domedia
05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
There's no way an image in a layer should look different cross platform if you do it right.
d a v e 's suggestion is a pretty good one in fact. :)

jmf
05-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Please elaborate on "do it right." When I insert a layer it tends shift a few pixels here and there when I test it on the many browsers and operating systems etc.

jmf

jmf
05-23-2006, 02:39 AM
That works for most browser, but I'm still getting a layer placement problem with IE 5.2 on the mac.

Thanks,

jmf