PDA

View Full Version : Down to the right point

kidddgospel
05-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone, pardon a noob but i really need help with this. You know when you have a long informational page such as a faq page and at the top you have some guideline links so that when you click on one it takes you down the page to where that information is exactly located so that you dont have to be scrolling down trying to find the information youre looking for since the information on the page is so long. Well, could anyone enlighten me on how to do this.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really need to learn this.

:D

Andromeda
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Hello kiddsgospel.

What you need is a named anchor link. To create one you first insert a named anchor in the place that you want to link to and then you use that anchor to direct the browser to that specific part of the page when a viewer clicks on the link.

For example, if I had a section half way down my page called "Widgets" I would place my cursor next to the "Widgets" title (or image) and insert a named anchor by choosing the insert menu at the top of the screen and then selecting "named anchor". (I'm using DW8 so it may be a bit different if you are using a different version). I would give the anchor a name (e.g. widgets) note: don't name the anchor "anchor" because it won't work and make sure it has a different name to any other anchors you place on the page.

Then I can set up the link. So for example, I named my anchor "widgets" so the code for the link would be ...
Widgets (#widgets)

Hope this helps.