PDA

View Full Version : Noob feedback?

OzReefer
05-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd love to hear some feedback on my current job. (http://www.ozreefer.com)

This site is my testing ground for honing new skills. So please, fire away with any comments and/or suggestions.

Oz

dthomsen8
05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
I'd love to hear some feedback on my current job. (http://www.ozreefer.com)

This site is my testing ground for honing new skills. So please, fire away with any comments and/or suggestions.

Oz

Here is what the www.w3.org HTML Validation says about your home page:

Error Line 357, column 132: required attribute "alt" not specified .

...front.jpg" width="800" height="450" />

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Andromeda
05-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Hello OzReefer.

I think the black background makes the iamges stand out really nicely but I persoanally don't like my cursor changing to a cross - I like my arrow :-)

The site could do with some explanation but I presume you just haven'y got around to that yet!

Creative Insanity
05-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Personally I think the w3c stuff is so over rated it ain't funny. I recon if the site displays fine in the 2 main browser then who cares what w3c thinks anyway. So an image doesn't have any alt text? so what.
What would be the chances of some browsing the web with graphics off anyway.

Andromeda
05-22-2006, 03:06 AM
What would be the chances of some browsing the web with graphics off anyway.

That's very true but doesn't alt text help with search optimization?

domedia
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
search engines don't see images, blind people and text browsers the same, plus of course people (we have some on this forum) that browse with images turned off.

Creative Insanity
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
My view.. SE who cares.. images off.. LOL wont see much these days... blind people.. yeah ok, but I dont think I have ever had one blind person contact me in all the years I have been doing sites asking for alt tags to be added.

So my opinion on w3c still applies in my books.

OzReefer
05-23-2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Andromeda: I probably won't be adding any explanation to the site, as it is a very specific subject matter that will only be viewed by people who know what they're looking at. It's basically just a personal site for me to mess around with. I was looking for predominantly design feedback, so thanks for the compliment. Also, I don't much like the cross cursor either, so that's an up and coming change.

Oz