PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling textareas

erinkuzma
05-16-2006, 05:26 PM
OK so i gots me a scrolling text area with a few lines of text bla bla bla and im trying to edit the text. YEAH NOT HAPPENING!! you cant highlight it and when you insert tags in the code the tags show up as text. so i need to make the text colored and stuff!!! any suggestions? :oops:

domedia
05-16-2006, 05:38 PM
hi erin,
you're inserting the code wrong, that's all. make sure you're in code view, and that you've clicked in the source where you want you paste to go. If that does not work. Type in the actual code you need to use. If this is not the answer to your question, you need to rephrase and explain more in detail :)

erinkuzma
05-16-2006, 05:43 PM
ok ive tried all of that when you make a text box that scrolls the code is this

<textarea name="textarea" cols="25" rows="5">Star Watching</textarea>

but when you try to insert code u cant do it to selected areas ie. bold title make all other text purple. i know how to normally do it but it wont let u in a scrolling box..open dreamweaver and try it..so i dont know how to get around it but theres gotta be a way

domedia
05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
You can'not insert code into a TEXTAREA. It's a FORM element. Are you making a web form? What exactly are you trying to do?

If by 'scrolling box' you mean you want a box with a scrollbar, then we have a tutorial for that on the homepage.