PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad

tsl
05-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Hi all

Is it considered good or bad not to allow users an exit from a site? What I mean is, enter a site from say Google then hit the back button to return only to find that you are being kept in the site you have just entered. I can understand the point from an e-commerce site in the terms of a captured potential Customer etc, but even then is it ethical? Or should I just go and get a life! :lol:

Andromeda
05-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Have no idea whether it's considered good or bad but what I do know is that it REALLY annoys me when that happens. :x

I vote for bad.

d a v e
05-14-2006, 08:54 AM
definitely bad - and imagine how confusing it is for those using a screen reader!

dthomsen8
05-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Is it considered good or bad not to allow users an exit from a site? What I mean is, enter a site from say Google then hit the back button to return only to find that you are being kept in the site you have just entered. I can understand the point from an e-commerce site in the terms of a captured potential Customer etc, but even then is it ethical? Or should I just go and get a life! :lol:Bad, and foolish. What happens but the user is unhappy or even disgusted with the web site?

domedia
05-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Always bad. Most ecommerce website wouldn't dream of treating their customers like that, so your example isn't even a good one ;)

gregfindley.com
05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Bad- Annoying, and I would even go as far to say ...unprofessional