PDA

View Full Version : Applying custom link & rollover at the same time.

missj
05-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey there.
I know how to apply CSS in order to make a different link to the page preference that originally set.
However, i am not sure about going about apply them both at the same time.
See how I want to make a different effect for the navigation bar links?
Normally the link font is set at Verdana 12px and rollover effect is at Verdana underlined.
I know if i want to make a custom rollover effect then i just create a new style and name it a.whatever:hover and so forth for the link text, however, i am having trouble applying it both at the same time.
I am i didnt confuse anyone.
Any suggestion would be great appriciated, you guys have been soo great at helping me started and getting a clue about Dreamweaver so far! Thanks.

domedia
05-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I know if i want to make a custom rollover effect then i just create a new style and name it a.whatever:hover and so forth for the link text, however, i am having trouble applying it both at the same time.
I am i didnt confuse anyone. Your approach is right, where are you stuck?

missj
05-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I am I dint confuse anyone; should be I hope I didnt confuse anyone.
Typo, sorry.
And I again, figured out the problem and solution which now makes me really shamed to have spent so much time thinking about it when I just accidently discovered the situation a few minutes ago.
Just simply create a.whatever:hover and then apply it to the link.
Then go in and create a new style and name it a.whatever:link
My problem was that I wrote the "whatever" bit differently, so for the first one I wrote a.navihover:hover and for the link style I wrote a.navilink:link.
I didn't realised that was the important part in defining the custom link.
So thats just my little bit if someone happen to trot along in the same situation that I was in.
Gosh I do have heaps to learn, don't I?
Well, long road - afterall, I've only had Dreamweaver for nearly a week and yet I'm hooked. LOL.
Thanks for the board, I dont know why but every single time I've posted here somehow makes me answer my own problem right away.