PDA

View Full Version : Text field.

missj
05-13-2006, 06:24 AM
Sorry if this is again been asked a million times but here goes.
You see how when there is a background to the bit that you insert your text? When you use Dreamweaver , whenever you add another line to the text bit, the background enlarge to suit the text?
I was wondering how that is possible, as I've tried typing into the table, but it always goes right towards the left edge and I hate it.
I have tried inserting a table for the background, then a new layer on top of it to position my text not too much to the left, but whenever I try to type on the new layer, the background stays the same and I would have to manually make the background a little longer to suit my text.
If anyone know how to adjust the text in a table to make it where I want to go, or how to make the table adapt to the new text layer.
I'm sorry if this is confusing for you.

missj
05-13-2006, 07:04 AM
OK. No problems, all fixed.
Funny how whenever I post a problem, I happen to find a solution to it the next minute. :P

domedia
05-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Want to publish the solution in case other people come across this post with the same question? :)

missj
05-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeh. Might as well do that now that I am stuck on what to do next.
I've just discovered the way around this problem is quite simple.
If I have wanted to insert a group of text inside a table but do not want it all the way to the edge, then select the text that you wish to to it to, and create a new style sheet.
In the style settings, select box and adjust how many px you wish to make the text next to the border and then just simply apply the style.
Cheers.

dthomsen8
05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeh. Might as well do that now that I am stuck on what to do next.
I've just discovered the way around this problem is quite simple.
If I have wanted to insert a group of text inside a table but do not want it all the way to the edge, then select the text that you wish to to it to, and create a new style sheet.
In the style settings, select box and adjust how many px you wish to make the text next to the border and then just simply apply the style.
Cheers.

Yes, a good solution, but recognize that different browsers implement the padding and margins in table cells in different ways. Any design has to be checked in more than just Internet Explorer 6 to see what happens in browsers such as Firefox, Netscape and Opera.