PDA

View Full Version : Styles & Formatting ???

Chamark
05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
When I create a table and set a cell to have bold/strong for a font, it does not end up as bold on the Web page. What's up with that?

Andromeda
05-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Can you post a url or code?

domedia
05-13-2006, 02:25 PM
When I create a table and set a cell to have bold/strong for a font, it does not end up as bold on the Web page. What's up with that? You either set up your styles wrong, you html wrong, or you have another css rule setting font weight to normal. Based on the info you gave, that's as good an answer it gets :)

Chamark
05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Here is the code

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style3 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; }
-->
</style>
</head>

<body>
<table border="1">
<tr>
<td width="82"><div align="center"><span class="style3">Team</span></div></td>
<td width="61"><div align="center"><span class="style3">Adherence</span></div></td>
<td width="52"><div align="center"><span class="style3">Efficiency</span></div></td>
<td width="22"><div align="center"><span class="style3">AHT</span></div></td>
and so on and so on. You'll see the Strong element

Andromeda
05-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I think your font is bold but because the text is reasonably small then it doesn't show up as very bold. If you "unbolded" the text for a moment and then preview the page you'll see the difference and realize that it is actually showing up as bold. And as I've been learning recently, you could specify bold in your css.

domedia
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
True, the browser will only render a difference between bold and not bold until the font size gets so small it can't