PDA

View Full Version : email php error

meerah
05-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Hello,
I have a testing space www.meerahmax.cz where I implemented email form...everything works fine here....but when I published this site on company´s web space www.rolf.cz the email form fail to work.. When I write down the email and message and click to submit it shows up the dialog box which prompts me to save the email php file or open it via browser....
Could be a possible clue to that problem that company´s webspace provider does not allow php scripts ? Or is the problem the method of sending variables (post,get) ?

Thanks for help

domedia
05-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Could be a possible clue to that problem that company´s webspace provider does not allow php scripts ? Absolutely possible, that should have been your first phone call :)

meerah
05-12-2006, 09:23 AM
yeah right....
But now ...what script should I use to get it working..
I tried cgiware asp script but it did not work either.. The companie´s provider´s server is running on Linux, might be that the possible cause ?
What other scripting methods can I rely on ??

gmcrone
05-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Call the host and find out what they have available for you.

Most linux servers have PHP enabled, but you need to find out where the "sendmail" command needs to go to if they do support PHP.

Mike...

meerah
05-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I tried different solution using .asp script with almost same problems...is it possible that my client´s provider´s server does support neither .php or .asp ?

Is there any programming language which I could use to send emails than?www.rolf.cz

dthomsen8
05-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I tried different solution using .asp script with almost same problems...is it possible that my client´s provider´s server does support neither .php or .asp ?

Is there any programming language which I could use to send emails than?www.rolf.cz

Can you ask your client's provider what they provide? Perhaps there is an option or different package that must be requested.

Creative Insanity
05-14-2006, 08:51 PM
If no php or asp option then just use a .pl file which are more commonly known as a cgi file and there should be one called either formmail.cgi or formmail.pl.
If this is also not an option I suggest you change hosters.